Post-Workout Smoothie Recipe to Cleanse and Detox
You know that feeling right after you finish a workout, like you can take on the world? Sure your muscles might be taxed, but the gratification you feel for pushing yourself, for having a great yoga session, for beating your bestie at tennis — whatever it is — can’t be bottled. One of the downsides to working out is that you’re often hungry, very hungry, when you’re done. The result can be a binge at the drive-through or when you get home. Having a protein smoothie or a juice ready to go will help you avoid consuming more calories than you want or need. You can fill up a glass with goodness to make sure you don’t let your workout go to waste. Fuel up with this fantastic hydrating post-workout smoothie packed with protein, fiber, antioxidants and a whole bunch of goodness that will help you give yourself a post-workout hug. Ready to blend?
- 8 ounces Harvest Bay Coconut Water
- 2 scoops of Epic Protein by Windy City Organics
- 1 T It’s Moringa Green Superfood Powder
- 2 T Happy Hemp Seeds
- 1 T Rich Nature goji powder
- 1 banana
- Handful of kale
- Blend all ingredients together
- Pour into a Greenware disposable cup (made from 100% plants) for easy on-the-go transport.
Here are a few more reasons that you may wish to consider adding more smoothies to your day:
- More Energy – When you drink a smoothie or a glass of freshly made juice, you get an instant dose of energy. The digestive process is hastened; you digest smoothies quickly, and receive the nutrition and benefits almost instantly.
And if you add protein to your smoothies or juice then your energy will last several hours because the protein helps control the release of sugars into your blood stream.
- Better Health and a Stronger Immune System – Studies have shown that people with a diet high in vegetables and fruits have a lower risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. The antioxidants and vitamins help protect you from common viruses and infections too.
- More Fiber – Smoothies provide the fiber you need to reduce bloat, lose weight, and improve your digestive system.
- Detoxification – Juicing can help flush your body of the natural toxins you’re exposed to every day. You’re exposed to toxins in the air you breathe, in the things you touch and even in the foods you eat.
Pesticides, herbicides, and chemical additives in some foods can cause problems when they build up in your body. Juicing can help you get rid of those toxins and enjoy better health and vitality.
- Weight Loss – Are you looking to lose a little, or a lot, of weight? Juicing and smoothies are a wonderful way to enjoy delicious nutrition and energy without the calories. Think about it, a satisfying smoothie is a much better lunch than a fast food burger, right?