I came across this fantastic little idea today! I think these are beautiful. Admittedly, I am a sucker for the crafty and the colorful. Especially when warm lights are added for effect.
This is a great rainy-day project to embark upon with your little ones. It has all of the sorts of ingredients that children love to play with – colorful buttons in all different shapes and sized, glue (and modge podge, if you’d like to add some over top of the buttons), and the grand popping of a balloon!
There are many great uses for a button bowls once you have made them:
- They are perfect for storing little trinkets that your children have trouble keeping in one place.
- They make fabulous storage for crafting supplies.
- Place your child’s crayons into a button bowl during a coloring session.
- Use your button bowls for some added fun at snack time!
Here is how to do this:
- Blow up a balloon.
- Glue buttons on to the balloon, to the height that you desire.
- Allow the buttons and the glue to dry (usually overnight).
- Pop the balloon, and voila! You have a button bowl!
If you would like more ideas about easy, fun home crafting that will never have your children telling you how bored they are (well, okay, maybe not NEVER, but that would be nice!), then give The Arts & Crafts Busy Book: 365 Art and Craft Activities to Keep Toddlers and Preschoolers Busy
Here is a video to give you some more ideas: