Who doesn’t love a little breakfast for dinner? Eggs, pancakes and bacon at night? We’re in! I’ll admit it … some nights we’ve even succumbed to cereal and toast.
But what about dinner for breakfast? By combining waffles with savory ingredients like cilantro, parsley, black pepper and onion, our friends at Zemas Madhouse Foods have come up with a delicious gluten-free recipe for cheesy herb waffles. Ready to flip time and have dinner in the morning?
GLUTEN-FREE CHEESY HERB WAFFLES RECIPES
Yields: 10-12 4-inch waffles
- 1 package Zemas Gluten-Free Multigrain Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- 3 T grapeseed oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 egg (or egg replacer)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro and parsley mixed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup shredded dairy-free cheese (or regular cheese)
Pre-heat waffle maker to medium. Whisk all liquid ingredients together. Add in waffle mix. Add in herbs, spices and cheese. Spray both top and bottom of waffle maker, ladle ¼ cup batter into pan. Cook according to waffle maker directions.
Alternate Cooking Ideas:
Have fun and mix up the herbs and cheese. Great for huevos rancheros, BLT sandwiches, pulled pork or chicken with bbq sauce, eggs benedict and more!