This is an incredible collection of books, audios, and videos for women seeking some added insight and inspiration. At this point I can honestly say that my own collection is quite large and continues to grow. I have personally collected all of the audios created by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, the author of the wildly popular Women Who Run With the Wolves – her voice is so soothing and filled with such deep wisdom and compassion.
If you enjoy kicking back with your headphones or ear buds, and relaxing deeply as the healing voice of an author or life coach soothes you, then I offer forward to you these other brilliant suggestions:
Radical Self Acceptance with Tara Brach:
With insights from both Eastern contemplative traditions and Western psychotherapies, Dr. Brach guides you through a full program of meditations and skills you need to become more compassionate toward the unforgivable parts of your Self.
As Dr. Brach says, the most difficult—and pervasive—challenge to Westerners today is the suffering caused by our feelings of unworthiness and self-aversion. Radical Self-Acceptance offers a way to break out of this emotional prison, so you can discover the freedom that comes with kindness and true appreciation of yourself and others. This course offers CE credits.
The Power of Vulnerability with Brene Brown:
Is vulnerability the same as weakness? “In our culture,” teaches Dr. Brené Brown, “we associate vulnerability with emotions we want to avoid such as fear, shame, and uncertainty. Yet we too often lose sight of the fact that vulnerability is also the birthplace of joy, belonging, creativity, authenticity, and love.” On The Power of Vulnerability, Dr. Brown offers an invitation and a promise—that when we dare to drop the armor that protects us from feeling vulnerable, we open ourselves to the experiences that bring purpose and meaning to our lives. Here she dispels the cultural myth that vulnerability is weakness and reveals that it is, in truth, our most accurate measure of courage.
- Cultivating shame resilience—the key to developing a sense of worth and belonging
- Vulnerability as the origin point for innovation, adaptability, accountability, and visionary leadership
- Our emotional armory—how we use perfectionism, numbing, and other tactics to avoid feeling vulnerable
- The myths of vulnerability—common misconceptions about weakness, trust, and self-sufficiency
- Discovering your vulnerability armor—recognizing what makes us shut down, and how we can change
- The 10 guideposts of wholehearted living—essential skills for becoming fully engaged in life
- Six hours of stories, warm humor, and transformative insights for living a life of courage, authenticity, and compassion from Dr. Brené Brown
The Desire Map with Danielle LaPorte:
Your bucket list. Quarterly objectives. Strategic plans. Big dreams. Goals. Lots of goals and plans to achieve those goals—no matter what. Except …
You’re not chasing the goal itself, you’re actually chasing the feeling that you hope achieving that goal will give you. Which means we have the procedures of achievement upside down. We go after the stuff we want to have, get, or accomplish, and we hope that we’ll be fulfilled when we get there. It’s backwards. And it’s burning us out. So what if you first got clear on how you actually wanted to feel in your life, and then created some “Goals with Soul”?
With The Desire Map, Danielle LaPorte brings you a holistic life-planning tool that will revolutionize the way you go after what you want in life. Unapologetically passionate and with plenty of warm wit, LaPorte turns the concept of ambition inside out and offers an inspired, refreshingly practical workbook for using the Desire Map process:
- Identify your “core desired feelings” in every life domain: livelihood & lifestyle, body & wellness, creativity & learning, relationships & society, and essence & spirituality
- Create practical “Goals with Soul” to generate your core desired feelings
- Why easing up on your expectations actually liberates you to reach your goals
- Self-assessment quizzes, worksheets, and complete Desire Mapping tools for creating the life you truly long for
Self-Compassion Step By Step with Kristin Neff:
Why does it feel so natural to be compassionate and kind to those we care about—yet so hard to treat ourselves the same way? “Our culture teaches us to use self-criticism for motivation and to build self-esteem by constantly measuring ourselves against everyone else,” says Dr. Kristin Neff. “We need to re-learn the essential skill of being genuinely nurturing and supportive toward ourselves.” With Self-Compassion Step by Step, this groundbreaking researcher reveals the clinically proven power of self-kindness, with practical training for cultivating an enduring and unshakable sense of your fundamental human worthiness.
- Self-kindness—how actively comforting ourselves activates our physiological systems designed for soothing and safety
- Common humanity-recognizing the imperfect nature of the shared human experience
- Mindfulness—meeting our moments of suffering with balanced awareness rather than ignoring or exaggerating our pain
- Why we resist self-compassion—debunking the common myths
- The clinically-proven benefits of self-compassion in numerous aspects of life
- The essential difference between competitive self-esteem and true self-compassion
- The natural progression of self-compassion practice
- Guided techniques that use visualization, touch, language, and awareness to evoke states of self-compassion, and much more
Good Night Yoga:
Kids love yoga—and it’s great for them, so much so that the President’s Council has added the practice to the fitness activities in the annual President’s Challenge. For parents and caregivers looking for a fun and effective new routine for bedtime, innovative educator Mariam Gates presents Good Night Yoga, a playful yet wholly practical book for preparing for sleep.
This beautifully illustrated, full-color book tells the story of the natural world as it closes down for the night, while teaching children a simple flow of yoga postures inspired by their favorite characters from nature. Moving from “Sun Breath” to “Cloud Gathering” to “Ladybug & Butterfly” and more, readers learn techniques for self-soothing, relaxing the body and mind, focusing attention, and other skills that will support restful sleep and improve overall confidence and well-being.
Neurosculpting with Lisa Wimberger:
The first step in Neurosculpting is to change the way you deal with stress. You’ll learn why the brain instinctively responds to everyday stress as a physical threat—and how you can “rewrite the script” that your nervous system follows when stressful situations arise. From there, Lisa offers guided meditations and practical strategies to help you improve your physical and emotional health, discover calm and joy, clear self-limiting beliefs, increase your creative flexibility, and connect to others.
Through her groundbreaking work with first-responders, Lisa Wimberger has discovered which practices have the greatest success for creating positive change at the neurological level. Rich with scientific research and proven techniques, Neurosculpting is a complete course for becoming an active agent in your own healing and transformation.
- The science of the brain—how modern research informs every practice in the Neurosculpting process
- Fight, flight, and freeze—our survival response and how to keep it from taking over our lives
- Exercises to stimulate new connections between your right and left brain
- Everyday habits you can change to teach your brain to be more flexible and creative
- Nutritional guidance for promoting a natural and awake state of mind
- Body tapping—simple physical stimulation to reinforce changes and access inner resources
- Guided practices for locating and clearing out toxic beliefs and behavior patterns—then replacing them with healthy ones
- Relational Neurosculpting—protecting yourself from “contagious” emotions, enhancing empathy, and cultivating authentic connection
- More than five hours of guided meditations, innovative daily exercises, and scientific insight from expert teacher Lisa Wimberger
The Language of Emotions with Karla McLaren:
Your emotions—especially the dark and dishonored ones—hold a tremendous amount of energy. We’ve all seen what happens when we repress or blindly express them. However, there is a powerful alternative.
On The Language of Emotions, you’ll learn to meet your emotions and engage with them to safely move toward resolution and equilibrium. Through experiential exercises covering a full spectrum of feelings from anger, fear, and shame to jealousy, grief, joy, and more, you will discover how to work with your own and others’ emotions with fluency and expertise.
Your Direct Link to Inner Wisdom:
When we relate to our emotions with respect and authenticity, we can directly access our innermost wisdom, unfold the deepest parts of ourselves, and heal our most painful wounds. The Language of Emotions gives us a much-needed resource for self-understanding and freedom.
Karla McLaren is an award-winning author and pioneering educator who has specialized in the study of emotions as an integrated system for more than 35 years. She is the author of five books and six audio courses on self-healing.
- Hours of practical insights and guided exercises for partnering with your emotions for wisdom and healing
- How to overcome addictions, distractions, and unresolved trauma—the three primary impediments to emotional ease
- Using the energy of anger to protect and restore personal boundaries
- Step-by-step guidance in the five skills of the empath (someone skilled in reading emotions)
- How to balance your “quaternity,” a metaphor for the interplay of mind, body, spirit, and emotions
- Honoring sadness as a source of release and rejuvenation
- Joy, the natural response to beauty and communion
Shakti Meditations with Sally Kempton:
Creation and Transformation through the Divine Feminine
Everything new that comes into our lives—every change that unfolds—emerges out of Shakti, the universal force of creation and transformation. Shakti Meditations provides an immediate way to experience the many gifts of this divine feminine power. Taught by expert meditation teacher Sally Kempton, these guided inner practices use India’s goddesses of yoga as gateways for discovering and inviting the many dimensions of Shakti.
Like rivers flowing through us, each deity carries its own unique energies to help empower and guide us in our spiritual, relationship, career, and creative paths. As we meditate upon them, their virtues and energies begin to arise in such forms as:
- Durga for strength, protection, and action
- Lakshmi for abundance and self-compassion
- Kali to ignite our courage and clear inner obstacles
- Saraswati to spark creative inspiration and clarify communication
- Maha Devi to draw us closer into spacious and liberated consciousness
For yoga practitioners, healers, meditators, and anyone who needs to call on the power of the feminine, Shakti Meditations gives listeners a powerful method to explore this limitless source of light and energy within us.
Tending the Heart Fire with Shiva Rea:
“We are created in rhythm, kept alive in rhythm, evolve through rhythm. Tides, breath, and blood flow in rhythm. We are born into a universe of currents, and our heart is the great conductor of the body, orchestrating our flow.”
The mystical foundations of all the world’s spiritual paths meet in a single, sacred place: the heart of the seeker. We have reached a time when scientific understanding mirrors the teachings of the great wisdom traditions in revealing our energetic heart as the light of consciousness, the fire of love, a field of intelligence. Tending the Heart Fire, the first book by pioneering yogini Shiva Rea, is an invitation to embody our extraordinary potential at this turning point in time, to reconnect your life to the rhythms of your body and the natural world—to live in flow with the pulse of life.
Weaving together wisdom from the great world traditions—including yoga, Ayurveda, Tantra, and modern science—Shiva presents an essential resource for becoming a firekeeper of the sacred heart. This diverse treasury is filled with meditations, life guidance, seasonal rituals, and daily practices, including:
- Insights for harmonizing with the sacred junctures of time—the daily, weekly, lunar, and solar cycles of manifestation and renewal
- Aligning with the seasons—how to adapt your diet, exercise, and yoga rhythms throughout the annual cycle Ways to honor the great sacred holidays, rites, and festivals
- Awakening of sahaja—the natural flow at the origins and source of yoga asana and sacred embodiment at the heart of yoga and Tantra
- Skills for tending your inner fire in every aspect of life and healing imbalances that can support a renewable energy lifestyle
- A visual teaching with over a hundred full-color images, including reference charts, diagrams, illustrations, and ancient poetry for inspiration
The legacy of the Heart Fire is more than eight hundred thousand years old—and in our modern world, we need more than ever to consciously reconnect to the radiant field that transcends time, space, and culture. “The direct awakening of the heart often happens when we are at a crisis point, when the armor of our heart has to crack,” writes Shiva Rea. “Let us return to the power and magnificence of our hearts—as living fire, as intelligent energy and electromagnetic radiance, and as our illuminating guide toward love, creativity, and deep knowing of our true sacred nature.”
DreamBirth with Catherine Shainberg, PhD:
Tapping Your Creative Power for the Complete Journey of Childbirth
Many pregnancy guides focus on what’s going on in a mother’s body—yet our thoughts, dreams, and imagination can have the greatest impact on our experience of childbirth. Dr. Catherine Shainberg’s DreamBirth® is a powerful method for using imagery to access your body’s vast creative intelligence. With DreamBirth, she presents four CDs of imagery exercises created for parents and birth professionals alike, with more than 90 practices for:
- Conception—easing anxiety, harmonizing with your partner, and welcoming a new life
- Pregnancy—reducing physical discomfort and morning sickness, rehearsing for birth, and tuning in to your body’s needs and to your baby
- Labor—minimizing medication, choosing the right professional care, and consciously monitoring each step of the birth
- Bonding—feeling into your baby’s needs, nursing and emotional connection, and supporting your child’s extraordinary life
“Women and men are life creators,” teaches Dr. Shainberg. “DreamBirth reconnects us with the boundless knowledge that nature has given to us for this purpose.” Join this pioneering clinician to learn imaginal methods for transforming your hopes into reality—into the birth of your dreams.
The Miracle of Trust with Nouk Sanchez & Tomas Vieira:
No matter what spiritual path you’re on, your ultimate fulfillment comes down to how you answer one question: Can you let go of the need to control your life and trust in the wisdom of a higher force guiding all that has happened and ever will? When you do, explain Nouk Sanchez and Tomas Vieira, you will discover “the miracle of trust.”
On The Miracle of Trust, these highly experienced teachers of A Course in Miracles offer their first audio-learning course, filled with practical ways to “undo” the ego—the one obstacle to the liberating experience of love’s infinite presence. Listeners explore the six stages of the development of trust, holy relationship, how to turn your mind over to Universal Inspiration, and more.
Unconditional Self-Acceptance with Cheri Huber:
If self-improvement worked, it would have by now, teaches Cheri Huber. Getting where you want to be has everything to do with awareness, and nothing to do with willpower.
On Unconditional Self-Acceptance, this Zen-trained teacher offers us an effective process to release the blocked energies and conditioned messages that keep us from attaining our personal and professional goals. In this full-length audio retreat, listeners will learn more about:
- How to be your own mentor
- The Five Steps of Acceptance—transforming difficult emotions into sources of strength
- How to develop reflective listening skills for interacting with others as well as ourselves
- 10 guided imagery sessions, including a simple practice that can be used in any situation when overwhelmed by strong feelings, and more
- How to stop knee-jerk reactions to events with the gentle energy of witness consciousness
- How to use key meditations for sparking compassionate self-awareness
A complete six-hour, guided do-it-yourself retreat that won’t make you any better, just a lot happier and much more alive!
Women’s Wisdom from the Heart of Africa with Sobonfu Some:
In the Dagara tribe of West Africa, women are valued as the source of the world’s wisdom. They are valued as dreamers, as diviners, as the backbone of the community; the core of human survival. But what can the teachings of this indigenous culture show us that will transform the way we live?
On Women’s Wisdom from the Heart of Africa, Sobonfu Somé, author, teacher, and the first woman empowered by the Dagara elders to impart their teachings to the West, invites you to peer into a world where people remain closely connected to nature, their ancestors, and spirit, and to learn how to use powerful rituals to restore balance within yourself and with those around you.
Secrets of the Dagara Storytellers:
Sobonfu Somé, whose name means “keeper of the rituals,” was raised in her small village and sent by her elders to continue her education in the United States. With Women’s Wisdom from the Heart of Africa, Somé shares authentic spiritual teachings of her tribe that were formerly handed down only within the circle of Dagara village life.
These teachings are founded on a worldview that honors animals, plants, and trees as our elders, and human beings as the newcomers. From this revered relationship with the natural world, we learn how to live in unity with our environment, and create a deeper connection with spirit.
Discover Your True Gifts and Offer Them to the World Through Ritual and Celebration:
How do we find this connection to spirit? For the Dagara, ritual is the gateway. Distilling the essential practices of her people, Sobonfu Somé shows you how to check in with spirit to receive guidance, observe the sacred spaces of your home, harness the energy of the elements, strengthen your relationships, create balance in your professional life, and much more.
What are your unique gifts? What were you born to contribute? What can your community do to assist you? These questions are asked of every unborn Dagara child while still in the womb. Now, you have the chance to explore these and other questions, and to discover your inimitable gift as a woman with Women’s Wisdom from the Heart of Africa.
- Use ritual to discover power places in nature and in your body
- Form a council of women to initiate growth and change in your community
- How to relate to your life cycles and honor them as times of grace, beauty, and immense energy
- Leadership as seen through the eyes of Dagara women—a different way of using your power
- How to create a shrine in your home to call in the divine
- Your unfiltered intuition—a guide you can always trust
- Call in the spirits of the elements to create balance and harmony
- Reclaim your ancestral lineage to learn who you are and what are your greatest strengths
- Visible and invisible power—tapping into your own sacred energy
- How to use grief and mourning to restore, renew, and regenerate your spirit
- Draw upon your dreams to guide, support, and encourage yourself and others
- Ritual—the key to connecting with spirit and with the people you care about
- Seven hours of rituals, reflection, and stories to immerse yourself in the traditions of the Dagara tribe and expand any spiritual practice
Theatre of the Imagination (Volume 1) with Clarissa Pinkola Estes:
Come to the stage between two worlds—come to the Theatre of the Imagination. On this six-part live performance series, bestselling author and beloved cantadora (keeper of the old stories) Clarissa Pinkola Estés shares the work of her lifetime: myths, tales, and poetry with the power to nourish and heal.
Contained within Theatre of the Imagination are the great universal themes—tales of loss and resurrection; of love and sacrifice; of the courage to survive—yet it is as if Dr. Estés is speaking only to you. With words that weave in and out of the interior and exterior worlds, she creates an amazing fabric of the purest wisdom—fought for, won, and preserved to teach all generations—that which is most worth knowing.
You will hear more than 40 original poems, archetypal insights, and dozens of strengthening stories from Dr. Estés’s own family’s oral traditions. Dr. Estés teaches that each story holds a key to a deeper self-knowing: “Stories cut fine wide doors in previous blank walls, openings that lead to the dreamland, that lead to love and learning, that lead us back to our own real lives.”
Presented in her one-of-a-kind lyrical style, Theatre of the Imagination seats you in the front row at these performances of a lifetime. More than seven hours of signature stories plus earthy and wise advice, archetypal insights, poetry, and much more. (There is also a Volume 2, and you can access that here.)
Learn More About:
- The cycles of life and death
- How the language of symbols translates into everyday life
- Community and healing the homesickness within the soul
- How to stop your destructive inner critic
- Reclaiming the bodies we were born with
- Facing the cycles of change in a relationship
- Agelessness and the aerial view of the elder
- How to awaken the 1,000 eyes of your intuition
- Transformation through the four vital steps to forgiveness
- The power of the Divine Child
- Finding courage and the sacred center of the psyche
- When others try to silence you: how to claim your strength
The Yoga of Awakening: Chakra Flow with Seane Corn:
The Yoga of Awakening DVD series explores the deeper dimensions of yoga, offering in-depth training into our vast potential for greater consciousness, empowerment, and connection. This second volume, Chakra Flow, focuses on releasing blocked emotions and energetic healing—using yoga as a gateway to your seven somatic centers.
Praise for The Yoga of Awakening: Chakra Flow
“Seane Corn is a passionate and refreshingly straightforward voice of contemporary yoga and spirituality. In her The Yoga of Awakening series, she guides us beyond the body and into the true heart of our being. No one teaches love, nor demonstrates it, more beautifully than Seane.”—Marianne Williamson
“Seane Corn is one of the most exceptionally gifted yoga instructors in America. She is not only highly educated in yoga as an Eastern spiritual discipline, she is a natural-born teacher who creates an atmosphere of grace, healing, and superb yoga instruction in every class with sincerity of intent and devotion to her practice. I feel very privileged to know Seane and have her as a yoga instructor. I am also honored to call her a friend. She is a gracious and gentle person whose commitment to her work and to helping others is a blessing to all who know her.”—Caroline Myss
“Seane Corn is one of the great spiritual leaders of our time. With a heart of gold, a spirit filled with grace, and feet that stay solidly on the ground, she has battled through the trials of life to emerge victorious and lead others into liberation. A true evolutionary leader of the heart, her down-to-earth teachings inspire people to their best and highest, from beginners to advanced alike.” —Anodea Judith
“It doesn’t matter if you practice for minutes or hours. It’s not about the application—it’s about our attitude.” —Seane Corn